Private Prayer in Church
Vicki Boetsch-Harriman has graciously offered to be the person who heads up the Private Prayer ministry. We met last week to go over protocols, etc. The church will be open for private quiet prayer most Mondays, starting November 9, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Here’s what to expect:
- The front church doors will open promptly at 9:30 a.m. and will close promptly at 11:30 a.m. The church will be prepped before the doors open, and cleaned after the doors close at 11:30. It will help us keep everyone safer if you don’t arrive until 9:30 and plan to leave by 11:30.
- Enter from the main entrance on Chestnut, keeping at least 6 feet between you and anyone in front of you at all times.
- Wearing a mask that covers both your nose and mouth completely is mandatory. Please bring your own mask. You will not be allowed in without one.
- Go to the desk in the back and give your name to Vicki. This is for Contact Tracing purposes. She may be cleaning – which she will do after a parishioner leaves. If so, please wait for her.
- Please disinfect your hands with the gel provided.
- You may sit ONLY where you see a blue X. It will be in the middle of the pew.
- Since there is limited seating, if you see people waiting, please limit your time to 15 minutes.
- Please do not socialize with anyone until you are off St.Thomas’ property.
We realize there might be people who may need to come in the Wood Street entrance. If you do, please go directly to the door off the Sunroom that opens directly into the courtyard, walk through the courtyard, and enter from the front of the church.
The door into the back hall to the church will be closed, and the back door to the church locked. Please follow signage and stay within designated areas.
Enjoy this time between you and the Lord.
There are no cushions in the pews, and no prayer books available. Feel free to bring your own cushion and bible or prayer book, but please take them when you leave. We are delighted that Vicki Boetsch-Harriman has volunteered to head up this prayer opportunity. She will be on the lookout for people to help keep our church open for private prayer, so please let her know if you are interested.
November’s Schedule: Open 9:30-11:30 a.m., November 9, 16 & 30.